What is IFs?
International Futures (IFs) is a computer program that models development for 186 countries across a wide range of systems. You can use the software to explore how countries and regions have developed in the past, how we expect them to grow and change in the future, and what might happen due to policy choices or possible disruptive events.
IFs interconnects the following systems within and across each country:
- International Politics
Who uses IFs?
A growing number of governments, international governmental organizations, academic institutions, corporations, non-government organizations, and individual researchers and students use IFs, including:
- United Nations
- Google Public Data Explorer
- European Union
- United States National Intelligence Council
- African Union
- Western Cape Provincial Government
- Arrow Electronics
What makes IFs unique?
- IFs is free and available to everyone.
- IFs is open source. Anyone may use and improve the model code.
- IFs is transparent. Users can easily access the model structure.
- IFs is integrated. The model demonstrates how multiple global systems impact each other.
- IFs is comprehensive. It can be used to forecast conditions globally, regionally, and for 186 countries up to the year 2100.
All of this makes IFs the most comprehensive quantitative forecasting system made publically available in the world.